Did you know

  If you have already completed your PG Diploma of Specialist Teaching  - then you need just 2 papers for your MASTERs  from either MASSEY UNIVERSITY or UNIVERSITY OF CANTERBURY - see below...

 Massey University -  MASTERs of Specialist Teaching. click here for more info

      NEW options available for the Masters involves just two papers: 

  • 1 Double semester paper (45 credits) - Professional Inquiry in Specialist Teaching267.875  AND
  • 1 Second semester (15 credit) paper CHOICE from:
    • 249.770  Supervision and Mentoring in Specialist Teaching or
      •  OR
    • 249.771 Additional Areas of Specialist Teaching consisting of choices in TWO specialist areas not taken in PGDip Specialist Teaching: Complex Educational Needs, Learning & Behaviour, Blind & Low Vision, Gifted & Talented, Dynamic Assessment

Enrolment link



University of Canterbury

If you have a PGDipSpTch, to graduate with a master's degree complete

  • an additional 60 points of study including one of either EDEM637 or EDEM638,

  • and one optional 30 point course.

The degree will be awarded unendorsed or endorsed in one of the following endorsement areas: Complex Educational Needs, Deaf and Hearing Impairment, Early Intervention or Learning and Behaviour.

Contact Enrolments on 0800 Varsity (827 748) or 03 364 2555,

Or contact a Student Advisor at the College of Education on or phone 03 3439606 or 0800 763 676